April 3, 2025

TRENDING NEWS

TikTok looking to file suit against Donald Trump’s ban order in the US

TikTok is planning to file a lawsuit against Donald Trump’s administration. The reason is that it is now banned for transactions with the video app in the US. TikTok said that it “strongly disagreed” with the concerns raised by President of the USA Donald Trump. He ordered on Aug. 6 2020 to ban the TikTok app in the entire U.S. within 45 days. Additionally, he subsequently gave it a 90-day deadline to divest its U.S. operations.

What the officials have to say?

“What we encountered instead was a lack of due process as the Administration paid no attention to facts. They also tried to insert itself into negotiations between private businesses,”. A TikTok spokesperson said this in a statement. He then continued. “We have to ensure that the rule of law isn’t discarded and that our company and users are treated fairly. So we have no choice but to challenge the Executive Order through the judicial system.”

Image as on “The Week”

TikTok has not opened about which court it plans to use. The company added that it tried to work out a solution to address the U.S. concerns for almost a year. However, the attempts failed miserably. Donald Trump made the order under a 1977 law. It lets the U.S. president declare a national emergency in response to an “unusual and extraordinary threat,”. This allows him to block transactions and also seize assets.

A question on the app’s future

China-based ByteDance Ltd. owns the video-based application TikTok. It has been fielding interest in its operations in the U.S. and a handful of other countries. Microsoft Corp. has publicly confirmed its interest to buy TikTok’s business in the U.S., Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. Other companies, including Oracle Corp. and Twitter Inc., have also emerged as potential bidders. But till now, there are no clear reports or any proceedings in this matter. However, many people believe, that it’s Microsoft who is the top potential buyer of the application in the near future. But due to other bidders in the process, it’s extremely hard to say that which company will win this bid.

Image as on “KodiFireTVStick”

Reuters previously reported on TikTok’s plan to file the lawsuit as soon as Monday. Separately, an employee lawsuit against the proposed U.S. ban, is being funded under the crowdfunding campaign. It is independent from the company’s official legal response.The application is banned in other countries such as India. Even then, TikTok has not opened up about any plans to sue those decisions as well.

Future possibilities

However, it is clear, that the app owner seeks a possible comeback in the US market as soon as possible. This is because it is hurting their income like never before. If the company fails to recapture the lost market, it’ll become very difficult for them to rise again like before. In fact, it’s a matter of time, that people will see what will be the future of TikTok. Since it is receiving a lot of hate from different parts of the word, nothing is clear. The main reason for the TikTok ban is because of its nationality. Also the nation to which it belongs seems to trouble different countries.

Instagram did not return a 200.
error

Enjoy the News? Please spread the word :)

fameaside@gmail.com
Instagram