
via:Bradley Kanaris/Getty Images
Serena Williams is self-isolating for six weeks as the novel coronavirus continues to sweep the globe. COVID-19 is now a global pandemic per the World Health Organization, and cases in the U.S. have shot up to over 2,600. The 38-year-old tennis superstar announced that she’d be spending the next six weeks confined to her home last week – with a career that relies on being healthy and her 2-year-old daughter Alexis Olympia Ohanian Jr., the 23-time Grand Slam winner needs the virus away from her.
Serena has been updating her Instagram followers on how self-isolation is going. The star took to her stories on Saturday, fully admitting that her Friday had been “useless” – the star had initially announced plans to cook, clean, and work out.
“So I got no spring cleaning done, um, I didn’t cook, I didn’t work out,” Serena said as she spoke into the camera. “Um, honestly in fact, I haven’t even changed clothes,” she added, although Serena did say that sometimes, a “useless” day is okay.
Serena then vowed to get herself in the gym, saying she couldn’t function without working out, but social media featuring her still saw her knocking the camera dead. Serena is CEO of her 2018-founded Serena clothing line, where a new photo featuring the brand’s boss has been wowing fans. It showed the former world no.1 knocking the camera dead in a skin-tight and knee-length giraffe-print dress that retails for $89 – Serena knows how to design stylish attire that doesn’t break the bank.
The photo currently sits at over 16,000 likes on the Serena clothing brand’s Instagram.
Serena’s initial announcement outlined her plans for a life at home and away from the public.
Spending the next 6 weeks in solitude. Being a wife. Being a mom. Cooking. Cleaning. Spring cleaning. Face mask. Makeup tutorials. I’ll let you know how it goes…. stay safe everyone. This is serious. 🙏🏿.
For the most part, fans seemed to back her.
“Could not agree more. Why the U.K. Isn’t imposing the same measures I have no idea 😱😱,” one fan wrote, likely referring to the relatively-lax measures the British government has in place despite Europe being the virus’ epicenter.
“❤️❤️❤️❤️ was making plans to see you at the Miami open one of my biggest dreams..,But I’m sure I’ll see you play one day 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼 Be safe Queen 👑,” another said.
Celebrities have been marking coronavirus in their various ways – some sadly. 63-year-old actor Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson both confirmed they’ve tested positive last week – the two are in isolation in Australia. As shows including “America’s Got Talent” and “Live! With Kelly and Ryan” film without audiences, others are finding their gigs canceled – Miley Cyrus, Madonna, and Billie Eilish have all postponed or canceled their shows.
More recently, two NBA players have tested positive for coronavirus. Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert of Utah Jazz are both carriers, as is Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s wife Sophie.
More Stories
Bill Cosby Defends TV Wife Phylicia Rashad After She Celebrated His Release
Jack Savoretti Takes Us on a Guided Tour of His New Musical Genre, Europiana
Britney Spears Conservatorship to Meet an End Soon